Bike the Bridge – Hudson Crossing Park
- Date:May 14, 2017
- Start Time:1:00 PM
- End Time:4:00 PM
- Venue:Hudson Crossing Park
Bike the Bridge Day at Hudson Crossing Park – May 14
A Celebration for Cyclists of All Ages
Schuylerville, New York, May 2, 2017– On Sunday, May 14, Mothers’ Day, after honoring the moms in your life, head out to Hudson Crossing Park for an afternoon of bicycling fun at “Bike the Bridge Day” from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. Celebrate Mother Nature by being outdoors, enjoying locally produced food and biking the park trails, as well as the historic Dix Bridge across the Hudson River. BYOB – Bring Your Own Bike!
The event will include the unveiling of a new bike repair station; participants also will be able to:
- Try fat tire bikes with Spa City Bicycleworks
- Get bike tune-up advice
- Learn about bike safety
- Join the “garden” bike parade & show off their bikes decorated with garden-inspired creativity (2 p.m.)
- Take part in a scavenger hunt by bicycle along park trails
- Enjoy FREE refreshments: Cake by Alissa, Saratoga Apples provided by Welcome Stock Farm, King Brothers Dairy chocolate milk
- Meet the Hudson Solar Roller, with a chance to win a solar-powered bike light
- Be eligible to win other prizes.
The event is free and made possible by a grant from the Capital District Transportation Committee’s Traffic Safety Ambassadors Program and the support of Capital Coexist, Spa City Bicycleworks, Hudson Solar, Martin, Harding & Mazzotti, LLP, Welcome Stock Farm, King Brothers Dairy, and Cake! Hudson Crossing Park is located near Champlain Canal Lock 5 off Rt. 4 just north of Schuylerville. For more information, go to www.hudsoncrossingpark.org.